We-Speak currently only supports the following languages: French
Subscribe for updates on other languages:
Meetings happen via Zoom (virtual reality on VR Chat). Once you are registered, you’ll have access to the meetings included in the plan you choose.
Language exchanges via Tandem are a great way to practice! However, We-Speak offers a few advantages:
- First, people join We-Speak to PRACTICE! Not to find a new life partner. The price and our moderators ensure this.
- Second, the different conversation styles encourages you to discuss subjects outside of your comfort zone or what you might in a language exchange.
- Finally, there is no back-and-forth to try and find a meeting time.
The key to reaching conversational fluency is practicing sentence formation frequently. So, yes! But practicing with non-natives is still an excellent way you practice.
One common issue that occurs when practicing with someone at a higher level than you (such as a native), is that they tend to do the majority of the speaking!
One of the main goals in We-Speak is to identify important sentences that are missing from your vocabulary! So if this happen:
- First, do NOT revert to English/your native language! One of the most overlooked conversational skills is the ability to flexibly express an idea in various ways!
- Second, write it down! After your turn speaking, make a quick note of the phrase you had trouble with. Then go figure out how to say it after the conversation is over and add it to your study list!